As the coronavirus pandemic progresses, PassMeFast is keeping a close eye on the latest developments. This includes adapting to any new advice provided by the government. In this post, we will outline PassMeFast’s response to the coronavirus, and answer some common questions you may have regarding the impact on our services.
Customers with ongoing bookings
On Monday, 23rd March, the UK Government announced a lockdown. This is currently in force, and is expected to last until at least Sunday, 31st May. During this period, PassMeFast is suspending lessons for most customers.
Students working in key sectors of the economy may be able to continue taking lessons and tests. We have asked to all of our students to complete this form to help us determine if you are a key worker. If we believe you are eligible, we will help you to apply for an emergency test. Note that, under government guidance, driving lessons can only go ahead if you have a valid emergency test booking.
For urgent queries, please contact your Booking Agent via email, or by calling 0333 123 4949. Please note that all members of staff are currently working remotely. We apologise for any disruption to our normal service that this may cause.
If you are a key worker
- You may be eligible to take emergency theory and practical tests, and to continue driving lessons.
- We may require additional information from you, and will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
- Please note that we are unable to guarantee specific times and dates for tests due to the DVSA’s emergency test booking system.
- If you have not yet been contacted by us, but believe you qualify for emergency tests, please get in touch.
- Those working in the NHS and social care are being prioritised for emergency tests; those in other sectors will be offered appointments at a later date.
If you are not a key worker
- Theory tests for all other candidates due to take place on or before Sunday, 31st May are postponed, though the DVSA does not rule out closing test centres for a longer period.
- Practical tests are suspended until Saturday, 20th June at the latest. The DVSA will inform you two weeks before your original test date if your appointment has been moved. Your new practical test will typically take place three months after your original date.
- We will be adopting a more flexible approach to rescheduling courses for the duration of the pandemic, and will not charge any fees if you cancel or change your test due to coronavirus.
- PassMeFast is continuing to accept bookings. If you are interested in any of our driving courses, please call us on 0333 123 4949, where a member of our team will be happy to help.
- If you work in a key sector of the economy, we may be able to arrange driving lessons and emergency theory and practical tests for you over the coming weeks. Please contact us if you think you may qualify.
- If you are not a key worker, we will make arrangements for you to start your lessons once the current lockdown has ended. We will also arrange for your test to take place as early as possible once theory and driving tests are running again.
Customers with ongoing bookings
I have a booking with PassMeFast. Is it likely to continue as normal?
Most students will experience delays to their driving courses. We are offering all of our students the option to put their course on hold until current restrictions are lifted. Lessons will only go ahead where we have identified that a student works in a key sector of the economy and is eligible for an emergency test.
I am a key worker. Can I still take my test?
Those working in critical sectors of the economy are eligible to apply for an emergency test. If you fall into any of these categories, please get in contact with us. We may require additional information from you, which we will use to complete your emergency test application.
Please note that, at present, NHS and social care staff are being prioritised for test bookings. Tests will only be allocated to other key workers once NHS and social care staff have all been given appointments.
If you do apply for an emergency test, you must be willing to take it at short notice. Tests will take place at a location close to you, but you will not be able to choose the date or time.
I am currently taking a PassMeFast course, but have developed symptoms associated with COVID-19. What should I do?
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you must stay at home for a minimum of 7 days. Do not attend any lessons. Please inform PassMeFast as soon as possible, and we will inform your instructor. Your emergency test will be cancelled if you have any symptoms.
My instructor has developed symptoms associated with COVID-19. What steps should I take?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, you should self-isolate. Please inform PassMeFast as soon as possible, and we will put your course on hold.
What happens if I need to reschedule or cancel my driving test as a result of COVID-19?
There are currently no fees to reschedule or cancel your driving test, even at short notice, due to coronavirus. If you need to do so, please contact us as soon as possible.
My theory test is due to expire soon. Will the DVSA extend the expiry period in light of the pandemic?
Unfortunately, the DVSA have announced that they will not extend expiry dates. If your theory test expires, you will need to take it again.
I’m interested in learning to drive with PassMeFast. When could my course start?
While the lockdown is in place, it will not be possible for most customers to begin lessons. However, we will prioritise your course to begin as soon as possible once the current restrictions end. By pre-booking now, you can also take advantage of our May discounts and save on any of our courses.
If you are a key worker, you may be exempt from some of these rules. In such instances, you may qualify for emergency theory and practical tests, and may be able to start lessons with us even during the lockdown. We’re also offering all key workers a 10% double discount as a way of saying thanks for all of your hard work.
I’m interested in learning to drive, and believe I qualify for emergency tests. Can I book with PassMeFast?
Yes. Certain key workers, such as NHS and social care staff, are eligible to continue learning during the lockdown. Ring in on 0333 123 4949 to discuss your options with a member of the team. Please note that we cannot guarantee specific dates for tests.
I’m interested in booking a course, but I do not work in a key sector. Can I still book?
Yes. We will make arrangements for your course to start once the current restrictions have been lifted. You will be able to start your course at any point in the future, with no time limit. Many of our students are opting for this approach, which gives you the opportunity to get ahead of the rush later in the year.
Will the pandemic have an impact upon course times and test dates?
All theory tests until at least Sunday, 31st May have been postponed, as have all practical tests until Saturday, 20th June at the latest. This is out of the control of PassMeFast, and will have a knock-on impact on most courses. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and endeavour to help you pass as quickly as possible.
What precautions are being taken to ensure that driving tests are safe?
The DVSA have brought in protective measures to minimise the spread of the virus, and to protect both examiners and candidates. This includes curtailing a test where the candidate fails partway through. Please read our guide to emergency tests for full details.
Should I call the DVSA if I have any questions about driving tests or test centres?
The DVSA is likely to be experiencing a very high number of calls. Avoid calling them where possible. If you need to get in touch, contact them via Twitter.
Can I still contact the PassMeFast office team?
Yes. You can continue to contact us by phone at 0333 123 4949 or by emailing your Booking Agent if you already have a course.